If you embark on a journey, whether it’s a day trip with your friends, or you’re travelling on your own, a coach hire in Southampton can get you there safely. Remember, though, there are a few etiquette rules to keep in mind as you travel with your companions:
* Keep the noise to a minimum: Not only can it be annoying to other riders; it can be distracting to the driver. Use earbuds if you’re going to play music, and don’t shout or use a loud tone when you’re speaking.
* Be careful of talking to the driver: If you’re up for a chat, the driver will usually oblige; but remember that his priority is the safety of his passengers, so make sure that he can concentrate. If he’s driving in inclement weather, or heavy traffic, it might be best to save it for later.
* Be respectful of other riders: Chances are, if certain behaviour isn’t acceptable at home, it’s not acceptable on your coach either.
* Clean up after yourself: When you’re leaving the coach, make sure you take all your rubbish with you.
* Remember your manners: Saying a simple, “please” and “thank you” can go a long way to making the trip more enjoyable for everyone.
* Respect the rules: Every coach company has a set of rules, and they are governed by authorities on many things. Smoking, for example, is prohibited by law, so you’ll need to respect those rules.
* Don’t forget to tip: Generally, expect to tip the driver 10 – 15 per cent of the total cost of the trip.
A coach hire in Southampton can be a great way to see the countryside, whether you go solo or in a group setting. Keeping the above etiquette tips in mind on your journey will make it more pleasant for everyone. Browse the site for more information on coach hire in Southampton.