When you own a home, your list of chores can seem endless. From painting your doors, to staining your deck, to cleaning your windows, sometimes it can seem like it’s not worth the hassle. But if you have a maintenance checklist for your home, it can keep you organized so you are not spending all your free time fixing things that go wrong. Fascias & soffits in North Wales, as in other areas, are integral parts of your home and should be on your checklist. These should be inspected at least twice a year to ensure they are in good working order. Other components that should be on the list include:
* Roof: The roof should be inspected for holes, loose shingles, etc. Problems will become evident if you notice leaks indoors. If you’re uncomfortable with heights, hire a professional to inspect it for you.
* Windows: These should be inspected for cracks and chips. Most windows can be painted to suit your overall décor. Windows should be updated every 10-15 years depending on the style of your windows.
* Eaves troughs: Gutters and eaves troughs should be inspected and cleaned regularly. They should be cleared of leaves and debris.
* Exterior doors: These should be inspected to make sure they are all in good working order, they open and close properly, and are draft-free. Depending on the type of doors you have, they may need to be painted every few years.
* Smoke detectors: Ideally, there should be a smoke detector on every floor of your home; outside of your bedrooms, just outside the kitchen, and at the bottom of your stairs. Change the batteries regularly and test them to make sure they’re working. The same goes for carbon monoxide detectors.
Owning a home is a big responsibility but if you have a check-list and do regular maintenance, these tasks will be made much easier. Purchasing fascias & soffits in North Wales are part of your home maintenance duties and keeping them in good order will save you a lot of headaches in the future.