Over the last several years, the use of uPVC windows in Edinburgh has grown hugely in popularity. Why? The answer is pretty obvious: because of the impressive list of advantages these windows have. Just like with anything there are a few disadvantages as well, but the pros definitely outweigh the cons. The following is the whole list of the benefits of this material and some other tips for people who are in the market to replace their old uPVC windows in Edinburgh and the surrounding areas.
The advantages of uPVC windows include:
* Perfect balance between quality and price. People are always concerned about the cost of the product they want to buy. The uPVC is the obvious winner here: it’s the cheapest material available after other materials like aluminium and timber. Low cost and high quality is the perfect blend you are going to enjoy!
* The uPVC windows require remarkably low maintenance. While such materials like aluminium or steel need attention every now and then and wood windows require constant maintenance, uPVC windows are easy to deal with! All you need is just to wipe it with a cloth from time to time. No wonder that these windows are considered to be very convenient and time-saving.
* The windows are incredibly resilient, and they are very reliable and secure. The hard frame makes it extremely difficult to break through, crack, or damage the window in any other way.
* UPVC is the most durable material for windows anywhere on the market. The Un-plasticized Polyvinyl Chloride double glazing lasts 10-20 years and usually comes with the 10-year guarantee. It doesn’t get any better than that.
* The windows help to reduce sound.
* Reduce heat loss and provides the best energy insulation available, especially compared to alternatives such as timber and aluminium.
The disadvantages of these windows are:
* The visual appearance of the uPVC window is considered to be the major shortcoming. According to most consumers that purchase these windows, they value aesthetic appeal. The white plastic frame of uPVC windows is often called plain, unattractive and unstylish. After listening to customers, manufacturers now offer numerous colours and designs to choose from. Click here to know more.
* UPVC is a lightweight material, and many people consider this to be a disadvantage since they want heavier windows in their homes.
Do you have questions about uPVC windows in Edinburgh? Contact the Window Advice Centre for enquiries. They will be pleased to provide any assistance you may need. They are the go to source for uPVC windows in the Edinburgh area.