According to research, most homeowners call a plumber every 1 to 3 years, depending on the age of their home and other factors. It may seem like a lot, but some people have to call one once or twice a year. There are a number of different types of plumbing-related problems, but many people wonder if their problem is a common one. Depending on the current problem with your furnace, it could be common or you could need a new one.
Common Plumbing Issues
* Dripping faucets: At some point or another, we have all experienced the nuisance of a leaky faucet. More often than not, we tend to ignore it and move on. However, the dripping faucet not only wastes water but wastes quite a bit of your money as well.
* Leaky pipes: When it starts to get cold outside is when most people notice that they have a leaky pipe in their bathroom or kitchen. The most common leaks will take place around the joint area, so you must watch out for wet spots on the floor or ceiling. Water damage can be quite costly so you need to make sure it gets fixed as soon as possible.
* Running toilets: If you have a toilet that runs on a regular basis you could be wasting more than 200 gallons of water every single day. Have a specialist in plumbing in Petersfield come and check out why your toilet keeps running.
* Clogged or slow drains: Many homeowners choose to purchase an over-the-counter clog remover to get rid of pesky clogs. Many professional plumbers will tell you that this is not the right choice. You should call a local plumber and allow them to get rid of the clog for you. Those over-the-counter products are not effective and can cause more problems to your faucet and drains.
* Water heater: A water heater typically only lasts for about 12 years. You don’t have to take cold showers every morning. Get your water heater fixed as soon as you can to see if you may need a new one or it just needs simple repairs. Click here to know more.
If you are concerned that you may have problems with the plumbing in your home, don’t try to take it on yourself. Call a professional plumber to have them come take a look at the problem. It could be minor or something very serious.
Prestige Plumbers are experts in plumbing in Petersfield and other surrounding areas.