There are times when homeowners think that they need a brand new furnace when it may just require a few small repairs. You won’t know for sure until you have a specialist in heating in Winchester to come perform a yearly maintenance on your furnace. However, there are some things that you need to watch out for that may be clear indications that you need a new furnace in your home. If your furnace is experiencing in all of these signs, then you will need a brand new one.
Here are some of the most common signs that it is time to purchase a new furnace for your home.
* Your furnace is over 15 years old. According to Consumer Reports, the typical life span of a furnace is approximately 18 years. However, Energy Star recommends that a furnace should be replaced with a new one every 15 years with one that is rated by Energy Star
* Your heating bill has increased: There could be a number of things that are causing your heating bill to go up. If your furnace has recently been repaired and your air ducts are properly sealed, then there should not be an increase in your bill. It could mean that your furnace is getting ready to wear out for good.
* Frequent repairs: If you have had your furnace repaired multiple times over the last few years then this could be a sign that it is time to replace it. If you are spending more money on repairs than ever before, this is money that could go towards a brand new furnace.
* Yellow burner flame: Your burner flame is supposed to be blue, so if you notice that it has turned yellow then your furnace could be producing carbon monoxide. It is a toxic gas that can be fatal.
* Thermostat problems: If you keep you adjusting your temperature on your thermostat and your house still will not stay warm, then it could be time to replace your furnace. Your furnace should be able to distribute the heat perfectly throughout the house. You can click here to get more details.
Call a Professional
You should have your furnace checked at least once a year to make sure it is functioning up to standards. A heating professional should be able to tell you whether or not you need a few basic repairs or a new furnace all together.
Prestige Plumbers is the team to call when you need help with heating in Winchester.