The last thing any home or business owner needs is to find out that they have a roof that is leaking. If it is not caught soon enough, it can develop costly damage to your home or office that could take weeks to repair. The sooner you discover that you have a leak, the faster it can be repaired, and the less damage that is done to your roof and your home. If your flat has a leaking roof you will need to contact a professional who provides flat roof repairs in Bristol. Visit here to get more information.
Here are some signs that you may have a roof that is leaking.
1. Mould and Algae – mould and algae form on homes and buildings in much warmer climates, so you may not experience much of this is Bristol. This is caused by algae or fungi that are deposited onto the roof. Even though it may not damage the shingle immediately, it can cause issues over time.
2. Buckling or Curling Shingles – If the felt is not properly applied or the deck of the roof has shifted; this could cause your shingles to buckle. Curling shingles is caused by absorbed water and sometimes hot air that comes through the attic. If the shingles begin to curl they may no longer be able to protect the roof from potential leaks.
3. Damaged Flashing – Damaged flashing is caused by faulty installation of a new roof. If you have an older roof and cracking and drying begin to appear, this is also a sign of damaged flashing. Many times it can be repaired without replacing the entire roof.
4. Missing Shingles – If you have recently had a heavy storm that consisted of high speed winds then shingles may start to blow off. After the storm, make sure you take a look for any missing shingles.
5. Roof or Ceiling Spots – This is one of the first things you will notice if you have a roof that is leaking. When water starts to leak through the roof you will begin to notice spots on your ceiling or roof. You will typically notice these spots around vents and chimneys.
If you notice these or any other signs of a leaking roof it is important that you contact a professional right away to assess any damage that may have occurred. The sooner you are aware of these problems, the sooner it can be repaired.
If you have a roof that you think may be leaking, contact Aquagard Roofing Solutions who specialize in flat roof repairs in Bristol. Visit them online to learn more about their services.